OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SUMMER M. SUMMERFORD . DISTRICT ATTORNEY
Serving DeKalb & Cherokee Counties
300 Grand Avenue SW, Ste. 505, Fort Payne, Alabama 35967 100 Main Street, Room 204, Centre, Alabama 35960
(256) 845-8550 . (256) 927-5577 . www.districtattorney9.com
For Immediate Release
Thursday, September 21, 2023
District Attorney Summer Summerford has announced that Travis Eugene Wolfe was sentenced to 220 years in prison by Circuit Judge Shaunathan Bell at a sentencing hearing regarding sexual crimes he committed against the same minor victim on multiple occasions.
In June 2023, a DeKalb County jury found Wolfe GUILTY of 15 counts of sexual crimes perpetrated against the minor victim in these cases.
Contributing to the investigation, arrest and also prosecution – were officers with the Fort Payne Police Department, the DeKalb County Department of Human Resources, and the DeKalb County Children’s Advocacy Center and 9th Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office.
Wolfe appeared for the purpose of a sentencing hearing – September 20th (2023). At the conclusion of that hearing, Judge Bell sentenced Wolfe as follows:
- 20 years in each count for two counts of Rape 2nd Degree
- 20 years in each count for four counts of Sodomy 2nd Degree
- 20 years for one count of Sexual Extortion
- 10 years for one count of Luring a Child Someplace in Order to Perform or to Propose Sexual Acts
- 10 years for one charge of Sexual Abuse 1st Degree
- 10 years in each of six counts of Sexual Abuse 2nd
EACH of these sentences was ordered to run consecutively with one another meaning that Wolfe was sentenced to serve 220 years in the cases.
Summerford stated, “We are thankful for the maximum sentences passed down in these cases. This should serve as an example and warning to child predators that sexual crimes against children will not be tolerated within our community. Justice was served thanks to the courage and bravery of the victim and her family, as well as the efforts of law enforcement.” This case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorneys Stanna Guice and Brady Burns.