Truett’s Chick-fil-A in Rome reopens after tragic murder-suicide

Truett’s Chick-fil-A employees dutifully greeted customers arriving to the drive-thru line Thursday morning, but clearly were still processing the tragic events that took place the day before.

 “We are so appreciative of the support and prayers from our great community,” Executive General Manager Greg Major said Thursday morning. “It has really meant so much to our team.”

When Truett’s Chick-fil-A’s management posted to their social media pages about the incident a few hours after it occurred on Wednesday, there was an outpouring of support from the community. The post had more than a thousand shares and more than 370 comments.

Rome Police Department investigators worked Wednesday and Thursday to determine the “why” of what appeared to be a senseless crime.

The incident occurred when 56-year-old Anthony Wayne Green approached 39-year-old Cassie LaShae Davis in the restaurant’s drive-thru just before 7 a.m. The two had a prior relationship and Green confronted Davis then shot her three times with a revolver, killing her.

Davis’ family described Green as a boyfriend who would not let her go. The killing left seven children without a mother, her former husband Jackson Davis told said they’d been married for 12 years and separated.

“She had two boys when we got married. And then, we had two girls,” Jackson Davis told 11Alive. “And then, this is the kind of person Cassie is — she took my granddaughter and my grandkids in, grandkids that she didn’t have to raise. And she raised them as her own.”

He spoke in glowing terms of his former wife, describing her as caring, loving, and the type of person who would give the shirt off her back for someone.

The RPD investigation is essentially complete, and with Green’s death there isn’t a prosecution going forward. As far as police work, all that remains to be done is for investigators to assemble an investigative packet.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print