AdventHealth Redmond, formerly Redmond Regional Medical Center, was identified as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals™ and it’s a top teaching hospital without a Cardiovascular Residency Program. To select top performers, an objective, independent, research analysis was performed, using public data measuring cardiac care in the United States. AdventHealth Redmond was also named one of Fortune and Merative’s Top 100 Hospitals, and ranked the number one teaching hospital in 2022.
AdventHealth Redmond was also 1 of 429 hospitals – nationwide – to receive a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – and has demonstrated a commitment to patient safety by earning a Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade of A.
50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals™ program performance
This year – “The 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals™ program winners delivered better outcomes while operating more efficiently and at a lower cost.
Compared to a peer group of non-winning cardiovascular hospitals, the winners this year had:
- (19.0 to 40.6 percent higher).
- Fewer patients with complications (13.2 to 15.4 percent fewer complications).
- Higher 30-day survival rates for acute myocardial infarction (AMI), heart failure (HF), and coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) patients (0.4 to 0.9 percentage points higher).
- Lower 30-day readmission rates for AMI, HF, and CABG patients (0.5 to 1.0 percentage points lower).
- Average lengths of stay (ALOS) varied between patient groups from 0.6 (AMI, HF, PCI) to 0.8 (CABG) shorter length of stay.
- $860 to $5,076 less in total costs per patient case (the smallest dollar-amount difference was for HF, and the largest was for CABG).
- Lower average 30-day episode of care payments for AMI and HF ($1,493 and $781 less per episode,respectively).
- Patients had a better experience at benchmark hospitals compared to peer hospitals, with a top-box HCAHPS score of 75 percent versus 70 percent.
Heart Disease remains the leading cause of death for Americans, resulting in almost 700,000 deaths and $229 billion in added costs each year.
Objective, data-driven studies prove AdventHealth Redmond excels across a range of core performance indicators, that directly leads to significantly higher survival rates associated with cardiac care, with fewer readmissions and complications.”