The Utilities Board of the Town of Cedar Bluff
4971 AL HWY 68
P.O. Box 306 Cedar Bluff, AL 35959
Fax: (256) 779-7299
Position: Full time Utility Clerk
1-3 Years’ Experience
Pay Scale: Negotiable
Reports to Manager
- Answer the telephone and record messages.
- Greet customers over the counter and on the telephone in a professional and courteous manner.
- Respond to customer questions and complaints.
- Record meter readings manually or enter reading into a computer.
- Calculate bills or run calculations report on computer.
- Check accounts for unusual balances.
- Prepare statements for printing and sort for mailing.
- Receive and post payments for each customer account.
- Retrieve information concerning account status and report to individual customers as requested.
- Provide billing and usage reports to the Manager.
- Maintain existing customer records and create new customer files.
- Take payments, provide payment receipts and make changes.
- Maintain cash drawer and balance with daily receipts.
- Cancel statement payment and file in appropriate customer files.
- Deposit daily receipts before the close of business.
- Prepare and report all operational information relative to billing operations, office operations and field operations.
- Balancing Checkbooks
- Accounts Payable, Receivable and Payroll Experience
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Proficient with computer and billing.
- Operate copy machine and prepare copies for reports.
- Customer service skills and able to communicate with public.
Applications can be found online at cedarbluffutilities.com or picked up at our office. Applicants can call our office for more information.
The Utilities of the Town of Cedar Bluff is an equal opportunity employer.