The library will be closed on Labor Day, Monday, S
Visit our website at https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/
Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- Medical Monday, 12:00 pm: Please join us for our health lunch talks presented by health care professionals. Bring your lunch, and we will provide drinks and dessert.
- October 17: Breast Cancer Awareness with Rhonda Young, Imaging Services Manager at Atrium Health Floyd Cherokee Medical Center.
- Green Bag: Green Bag meets on the 3rd Thursday of every month in the Library Conference Room at 12 pm. Join us for this lunch series that focuses on gardening. These are one-hour lectures presented by Master Gardeners and other professionals. Bring your lunch! We’ll provide the drinks and dessert.
- September 15: Saving Seeds with Master Gardener Janice Knight
- Wi-Fi Hotspots: Patrons in good standing can check out a hotspot for one week. CCPL will be participating in the Alabama Hotspot Lending Program. This project was made possible by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Alabama Public Library Service. For lending requirements, look at the policy on our website https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/ or call the library at 256-927-5838.
- Code Club: Weekly meetings Tuesdays at 3:30 for ages 10-18.
- Kids learn programming skills through a series of tutorials and projects. They use these skills to build websites, video games, phone apps, animations, etc. In addition, they learn how to become better problem solvers and critical thinkers.
- Storytime: Returns September 13, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 to 10:30. Join Jinx and Miss Rebecca for songs, crafts, and reading fun. Space is limited each week; call 256-927-5838 to reserve a spot.
- Sew Joyful Quilters: Meet with the quilters each Thursday at 10 am to discuss quilt designs and techniques.
- Chair Yoga: Join instructor Linda Abernathy and Library Director Dana Carroll on September 9 & 16 at 11:45 for a 15-minute stress-relieving chair yoga session.
- Teen Book Club: Rather Be Reading
Teens ages 13-18 will meet on Monday, September 19, at 3:30 to discuss their book pick of the month.
- Spelled by Betsy Schow
- Reading Around Book Club meets at 11:00 am on the first Monday of each month.
- Kids & Kin: A Statewide supportive program for anyone caring for relative’s children. Everyone is welcome! Contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more information.
Meetings are from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- August 23: Celebrating Mistakes: Embracing a Growth Mindset
- Centre Career Center: Career Specialist Andre Mitchell will be at the library Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm for assistance with your job search needs.
- Services include resume preparation, job search assistance, WIOA eligibility, on-the-job training, etc.
- Call 256-927-5838 on Tuesdays or 256-546-4667 Ext. 855018 on Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays.
eBooks: To sign in, visit ESERVICES on our website: https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/
- For more information, you are welcome to call 256-927-5838 or email at email@example.com
Dig into your family’s roots with Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org – free, in our genealogy room! Use your free FamilySearch.org account here at the library and gain access to records that are unavailable on your home computer.
Get free auto repair information from the ChiltonLibrary database. Go to our online catalog at https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/ and click on the “links” tab.