Important Information for Those Attending the Weiss Lake Music Festival
* East Main Street from the Cherokee County Courthouse to Armory Road will be closed/blocked off starting at 7AM Saturday morning to allow for event staff to get everything ready to be able to park along Main St as well as start setting up for the concert. East Main Street will be very busy throughout the day on Saturday leading up to the gates opening at 4PM.
* Once parking is full on Main Street, you will need to find other places to park around the downtown area. If a business has signs up saying no parking then please respect their wishes and find somewhere else to park. If a business is charging a fee for you to park in their lot and you wish to park there then be prepared to pay the fee to park.
* Once people begin to arrive for the Weiss Lake Music Festival, please listen to and follow the directions of event staff and first responders. There will be numerous volunteers or business owners who will be assisting you with parking around town. They are attempting to make this event as pleasurable as possible so we ask for you to be courteous to them.
* Atrium-Floyd EMS, Cherokee County Rescue, as well as Centre Fire will be providing first aid and medical assistance for any emergency that may arise throughout the event. Medical personnel will be assigned to utility vehicles and will be traveling around making sure everyone stays in good health. If you find yourself having or witness someone having a medical emergency call 911. Atrium-Floyd EMS will have 2 medical tents setup at the Music Festival. One tent will be located in front of the old Centre Middle School just outside the main entrance to Estes Field and the other will be located under the pavilion in the vendor area which is behind the old Centre Middle School. Centre Fire Station will also be available for those who may find themselves overheating or experiencing a medical emergency. Personnel will be at the fire station throughout the day to assist you.
* Centre Police and the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office will be making sure you stay safe while visiting downtown Centre attending the festival. They will be posted at various places throughout the venue.
* Estes Field will be divided into 4 sections with a center aisle down the middle of the field and across the middle of the field. No one will be allowed to sit on the track or in the middle and center aisles. The aisles and track will be the access point for first responders in case of an emergency on the field. If you see one of the EMS utility vehicles on the track or field, that means there is an emergency and emergency responders are trying to get to those who need help so please move out of the way and allow the EMS utility vehicles room if they are on the track or field.
* There will be designated handicap parking on East Main St for those who may need it. If you need handicap parking, speak with one of the event volunteers who will be assisting with parking. A handicap placard or license plate will be required to park in the designated handicap parking area. Shuttles will be available on Main Street for those who may need it. See one of the event volunteers if you were to need a shuttle.
* Gates open at 4PM and no one will be allowed into the stadium until 4PM except for event staff and first responders if needed.
* No backpacks, large bags, coolers, weapons, alcohol or drugs will be allowed. Only small purses or clear stadium/concert bags will be allowed. This is for your safety. The event organizers as well as all of public safety want you to have a wonderful time but also want you to stay safe.
Post from the Weiss Lake Music Festival Page: You may need to pay for parking depending on where you park and you may want to purchase food, drinks, or a souvenir t-shirt but it is a TICKETLESS EVENT to attend. Gates open at 4pm and the music starts at 5pm. Bring a chair. No coolers or backpacks are allowed. Small purses or clear stadium bags will be allowed in for your personal belongings. No alcohol will be served nor allowed inside however there is a pub on Main Street if you’d like a cold one.
We hope to have a family friendly event for all ages to enjoy. Please do not litter our city or Estes Field while attending. If you’re still asking “Where will I park?” The road will be blocked off from the court house down to the old Pump House/Mapco gas station building. This will be used for multiple rows of parking. We will have parking attendants to help guide you. Privately owned properties surrounding may be offering parking just like when you attend a college ballgame or another concert venue. Main Street in Centre hosts an annual fall festival each year with thousands in attendance and just like the music festival, you’ll park as close as you can find something then walk the rest of the way.
There will be a handicap parking area close to the entrance. We hope you fully enjoy a night under the stars dancing, singing and making good memories with your friends and family. Come, let’s make it one to remember!
(Information provided/compiled by: Shawn Rogers, Director of the Cherokee County Office of Emergency Management & Homeland Security – Alabama)