There are still a number of area events and fireworks shows that’ll be taking place at locations across northeast Alabama and northwest Georgia today (Monday, July 4th), but those planning to enjoy fireworks at home – we urge you ton keep some valuable safety tips in mind:
- Light fireworks outside, one at a time – and without placing your body directly over the device. Then quickly move away. Don’t try to re-light malfunctioning fireworks.
- Never hold lit fireworks in your hands. Also never point or throw fireworks at anyone.
- Have a bucket of water or a garden hose nearby in case of an emergency.
- Soak used and unused fireworks in water before throwing them away.
- Don’t let children ignite or play with fireworks, including sparklers.
- Don’t use fireworks if you’re impaired by drugs or alcohol.
These few simply, safety reminders will help make this a safe, and a happy, Fourth of July for EVERYONE.